Yorkshire Buildings Society provide some tips on what you need to think about when choosing your charity partner.
- Make sure the charity or organisation you choose to partner with aligns to your company ethos and values as colleagues are more likely to want to sign up.
- Good volunteering is about quality rather than quantity and making it easily accessible to your volunteers
- Any volunteering programme must be workable for your organisation. For example, Yorkshire Building Society offers colleagues up to 31 hours’ volunteering time a year
- Volunteering isn’t just about giving back to local communities, it’s a chance for colleagues to share their skills and also develop new ones. So make sure there’s an element of challenge and reward when choosing a particular activity/partner.
- Consider the charity’s needs and what type of business you are. Feedback from surveys suggests that charities don’t always need hands-on manual support. Instead they need to draw on skills to train their own staff, develop them or to benefit from pro bono support.